- If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?
- If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?
- If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
- Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
- Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist but a person who drives a racing car not called a racist?
- Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?
- Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?
- 'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Is 'I do' the longest?
- If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked, and dry cleaners depressed?
- What hair colour do they put on the driver's licences of bald men?
- Why isn't the number 11 pronounced onety one?
- Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we supposed to do, write to them? Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the posties can look for them while they deliver the mail?
- You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.
- No one ever says, 'It's only a game' when their team is winning.
- Ever wonder about those people who spend $4 on a little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards: NAIVE.
- Isn't making a smoking section in a restaurant like making a peeing section in a swimming pool?
- Why if you send something by road it is called a shipment, but when you send it by sea it is called cargo?
7 months ago